Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hi folks.

I just got a notice in my inbox about spring break specials. That got me thinking. The airlines and the resorts are going to be pulling out all the stops this year with all kinds of deals for the regular spring break crowd. The usual crowds are not going to come and it is going to make a big slump in the tourist industries. Many hotels, motels and the cafes and shops that are supported by the huge crowds will go out of business or lose money. The tough ones will be able to just break even. Many dreams will be squashed. I predict more violence in higher learning schools due to the fact that many of the students( already under a huge amount of pressure) will not be able to afford spring break. That will be good news to local places where the kids can go to blow off steam but that will also be a hassle for police and local hospitals.

To put this in survival terms, be careful around the students that do not have the means to go as they will be on a hair trigger as it is. Everything we take for granted is going to change and change means stress (even when the stressor is a good stress-like getting married). In times of stress we need to find healthy ways to relax. I sometimes use Tai Chi and a good hot bath to relax my body which relaxes my mind. That is the secret, relax the body and the mind will follow. I hope this helps.

Michael J. Kaer, Author of "What Money Can't Buy" part 1 & 2

No comments: