Sunday, March 12, 2006

Just a quick update on my bug-out kit. It is still not complete, but most of the stuff is there. I need to re-photocopy my ID and important papers. I found one of my 2 wind-up radio/flashlights. The battery booster is fully charged, and I have a 400 watt and a 600 watt inverter ready for hookup. I have 2 small solar panels and on larger one ready to work. What I would like to have is some more small, sealed 12 volt batteries. They are very expensive (still). This year I am planing on constructing a large battery from plans I got online. The cost of the larger solar panels are starting to come down. I saw a 15 watt on sale for $80.00 Canadian dollars. That is a good start, but we need them to come down alot more before people with buy them in a large quantity.

That is all for today. Let me know what your plans are. Do you have 3 months worth of food? I would seriously start now!

Michael.

No comments: