Thursday, March 30, 2006

It's all in the book

I have been answering a lot of questions on Yahoo and some of them are coming from the research I did to write "What Money Can't Buy". Take the price of gasoline or what the next big stock is going to be. I have educated guesses as to what those are and where they are going. The book looks like it is going to be an ongoing project. I got so involved in the work, it is hard to turn to other things. I was following Bucky Fuller's ideas at the start about the promise of hydrogen, only to see massive breakthroughs and changes in that one area alone. Solar panels and wind generators have also undergone a huge leap forward. Nanotech is finally getting past being wet behind the ears. Alternative sources like geo-thermal as being seriously looked into. This is an exciting time folks


Exciting times does not come without a price. The price I see we will all have to pay is a total money system colapse. In the end the world currency maybe Hong Kong $'s or Yen or Euros. As I am typing this I am praying that I am wrong. The timelines are skewed and the data coming in says we are screwed and governments all over the world can't even get together to do the minimal least( The Kyoto accord). The stupidity and greed I have read about during this grueling timeperiod, forces me into a survivalist mode of thinking. My girlfriend called me "Mr. Happy" or "Mr. Joyfull" when I was discussing these things with her. Yes, they are depressing, but that is not my fault. Don't shoot the messenger.


The good news is there are several things you can do to stop my future from happening. I am writing a book about money and at the same time making notes for a second volume to go with "What Money Can't Buy". The good news is we can pull our butts out of the deep hole we have dug and get healthier while we are doing it. The good news is that it does not have to be as bad as I see it to be. I have hope. After going through thousands of pages online, I see individual states picking up the ball the feds dropped. Here in Canada I see individual provinces doing their best to meet and surpass Kyoto protocals. I see inventers freely giving their work away so it can not be squashed but big business interests. There is hope.


Another reason to see hope is in groups like freecycle. I belong to chathamkentfreecycle. It is a moderated group through Yahoo and it is for giving things to your community or receiving things from your community. No money is exchanged. But the item on the board once or twice and if it does not go, give it to Goodwill. This keeps items out of landfills and helps everyone's karma. Locally.


There is hope for us yet. The hint of how to survive a major trauma like a power failure or money failure is in the local community. Make your links with people now. Swap stuff or give it away, downsize, do more with less. How can someone steal from you if you are willing to give it to them? Think about that.


Michael J. Kaer, owner of www.2bitpixel.com

No comments: