Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Why do I do This?

The fundimental Question was asked of me today -Why?- ... Why do I do anything?
My answer was "There is maddness in my method and method in my maddness. There is also maddness in my maddness, but there is method too" This was in response to my girlfriend asking me why I had a bunch of plastic containers of water behind my trailer, in my backyard. I explained I was testing them and I gathered some data I found interesting. The semi-clear or as I call them frosted plastic jugs break down faster than the same size jugs that are solid. The totally clear containers also faired very well.
I read hundreds of books and websites on survival and related material and I try out some of the stuff I read. I would like to know by trying out something, which method works or works better instead of waiting till an actual emergency happens.


Here is my short list of the types of plastic containers I would prefer to use to store water in if I had to store it outside.


First choice- solid plastic

Second choice- clear plastic

Third choice- frosted plastic


There are ceramic and glass jars and if I wanted to stretch my imagination, metal jars(tin cans)I could use but I prefer plastic for that application.

I need to stop this blog for tonight. In the middle of it my neighbour pounded on my door to tell me I was in danger from the big horse-chestnut tree next door, which has cracked and a large limb has already hit my garage. I am making preparations for evac and I need to sleep as well. The storm is dieing down and it is almost 2:30 am. my time.

Night all.
Michael.

No comments: